Dental Implants are great alternative for Dentures and Bridges and a single missing tooth. Dental implants replace the missing teeth and provide a permanent solution to having complete or partial dentures. Dental implants are usually made of Titanium and are the shape of a screw and Dr. Kantarovich places them into the upper or lower jaw bone. Dental Implants provide support and stability to permanently cemented bridges thus eliminating the need for dentures.
Dental Implants provide a long-term, stable and durable foundation for the permanent or removable teeth. A dental implant designed to replace a single tooth has 3 components to it:
- Titanium Implant:This fuses with the jawbone through a process called Osseointegration thus uniting the patients jaw bone with the titanium implant surface
- Abutment: This fits into the implant and extends the dental implant through the gums so a crown "Cap" can be fitted to it to replaced the missing tooth
- Implant Crown: This is fitted onto the abutment to give a natural looking tooth. Dr. Kantarovich along with his in house lab custom design each one.
In most cases all young and old adults are eligible for dental implants if they are healthy enough for routine dental extraction and oral surgery. In addition, they need to have strong gums and bones to hold the implant in place. Even patient with the following conditions have found great success with dental implants: People who have existing medical conditions like gum diseases, smokers, current denture wearers, patients with chronic disorders such as diabetes, heart disease, bone disease can visit Dr. Kantarovich for a thorough examination and see if they qualify for dental implants.
Dentals implants will require number of visits over a few months to make sure the implants take to the bone and fit perfectly. Dr. Kantarovich will begin with an x-ray of the jaw and teeth to determine the spacing available. He will then examine and discuss different alternatives for treatment along with cost and expectation. Once, you decide for the implants, Dr. Kantarovich will numb the area and place the implant into the bone. Once the bone heals naturally and the implants integrate into the bone Dr. Kantarovich will design and securely attach the artificial tooth onto the implant to provide stability, comfort and great looks. Regular dental visits will help make sure your implants are kept healthy and safely maintained.
There are numerous reasons to go for Dental Implants:
- Replace the missing tooth you lost
- Never wear a removable prosthesis
- Help hold the dentures in without pastes and powder adhesives
- Improve Speech
- Comfort and easier Eating
- Restore natural smile
- Replace missing teeth without affecting other teeth
- Improved Oral Health and resolve joint pains